Thoughts: Technology Tools for the Classroom

Becoming tech savvy in the online classroom...
There were several different tech tools that I had never encountered before. Though I knew some of them, I didn't realise that some web services offered them for free (such as creating a website for free by Google). I think one of the coolest ones was Twine, where you allow people to create their own stories following certain links across the Storybook. It seems like it requires a lot more investment, since you then have to makeup multiple stories, but the result is an interactive and really interesting website. I've created graphics before using websites like Piktochart, and I enjoyed making them, so I am looking forward to being able to make them for this class. I was introduced to graphic design and image editing for one of my previous classes, where we had to make an infographic. Having class online certainly is a different experience, but learning these new skills is extremely relevant outside of the classroom. It also allows us to practise adapting to new technological skills, and I am hoping to learn more about all of the aspects behind creating an interactive and interesting blog over the semester.
Computer Circuits. Source: Flickr


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Introduction to a Bajan Animal Enthusiast

Week 5 Story: "Sita, Warrior of the Earth"