Tech Tip: Twine

I decided to play around with the Twine software, because I really like the idea of following leads to create your own story. I enjoyed the Twines I saw on some of the other Storybooks. I would be interested in using it more, though maybe not for the Storybook if I choose the theme I'm currently looking at. I hope I can publish a couple of them to my blog site though because they are a lot of fun to create! I called my first attempt "The Collector". It had the assistant of a shop belonging to "The Collector" invite the person reading to inquire about different items in the shop. It was mainly based on/inspired by the weapons of the gods in the Indian Epics (especially those that Rama and Ravana use in their epic battle) and the idea was to follow along as the assistant gives information on each 'collectible'. I think Twine could be a nice thing to use to make an announcement (making it interactive and engaging), or a fun puzzle (kind of like a maze where there is only one exit). Of course, the only thing would be that it is more time consuming than just storytelling perhaps, because you have to create multiple paths to a story or idea. I think it might be rewarding though!
"Twine". Source: Flickr
Link to the Twine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Introduction to a Bajan Animal Enthusiast

Week 5 Story: "Sita, Warrior of the Earth"